Got Questions?

What classes should I take?

Below are resources that will assist you on what courses to take. 



Cultural Sustainability

Crime, Law and Society

When should I declare my major?

All students are required to declare a major by the end of their sophomore, but you can declare a major before then. We strongly recommend that you expose yourself to the range of disciplines represented in the General Education curriculum and pursuing an area of study that really interests you.

How do I declare my major?

When you decide on a major area of study, you can declare a major using the Program of Study Management (POSM) on the Academic Services tab in My Charleston. When you submit the form, the Department of Sociology and Anthropology will assign an advisor to you and send you an e-mail welcoming you to the major and informing you of your advisor’s name. You should then contact your advisor to begin planning your academic schedule.

Who do I contact if I have additional questions?

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to us at or call us at 843-953-5738. You may also contact our department chair, Dr. Christine Finnan or our associate department chair, Dr. Debbie Auriffeille